Our awareness that ‘the present moment is what we have’ propels us at FeedOne Project to make the best of today. There is nothing that harvests more of a feeling of empowerment than being of service to someone in need. We believe she is living up to what her name represents (God’s Love) , not that she has more time but she just has MORE HEART! Meet her…
- What are you called…what is your name?
- What do you do when you are not volunteering for Feed One Project?
I’m presently in my one year youth service (NYSC)
- What triggered your interest in Feed One Project?
One of the captions for 2013 project which was “don’t only give a man fish to eat rather teach him how to be a fisherman”
- Why did you decide to work with Feed One Project as a volunteer?
Feed One provided me the platform to reach out to the needy by not only feeding and clothing them but also by empowering them with a variety of skills that could serve as a source of financial income.
- Could you share your specific role(s) as a volunteer?
I assisted in the co-ordination of the children at the party organized to put smiles on their faces while they waited for their mothers who were undergoing some skill acquisition as part of the project.
- What were your favorite moments in the project(s) YOU PARTICIPATED IN?
The games at the children’s party which exposed their natural talents and brilliance. The smiles on the faces of the children and their parents after they were fed, clothe and empowered to overcome poverty with the skill they acquired.
- What times did you not like when you volunteered for Feed One Project?
Well, taking it the other way round. I did not like the fact that I could not make myself available as a volunteer in all the projects.
- How has volunteering for Feed One helped you?
Feed One has given me a larger heart and has increased my awareness level.
- What is your advice to youth about volunteering?
Youths should play an active role in volunteering to give their time and strength not necessarily money, especially when it comes to reaching out to the needy.
- What suggestions do you have to improve the volunteer pact?
More versions of 2013 december project.
- We’re glad to have known you better…can you share a favorite quote of yours?
“Poverty is no accident. Like slavery and apartheid, it is man-made and can be removed by the actions of human beings.” – Nelson Mandela